Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Brochure Clear Fork Emergency Access Bridge

Publication put out by the City of Benbrook about the emergency access bridge.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4VOctq1O5qhemQwU2NXZ1F6XzA

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Meeting with the City

The HOA has set up a meeting with the City of Benbrook to discuss the emergency access bridge.

Who: Mont Del residents only
What: Presentation and discussion with the City about the emergency access bridge
When: Monday, October 30 at 7:00 pm
Where: The Sanctuary at Trinity Chapel


Sunday, October 8, 2017

The Loss of Valuable Mont Del Residents

An appeal from Neil “Duck Man” Andrews, who lovingly watches over and cares for our ducks:

Please get serious about containing your dogs and either stop letting them come and go as they please or fix your fences and gates.  This is coming from an avid dog lover who was confronted by a large dog at the duck pond Tuesday attempting to check for a tag. It became extremely aggressive and charged him twice very viciously. Luckily, Neil was not bitten but he was terrified. Neil is convinced the last 2 maulings and killings of the black flightless ducks at the pond this summer was a dog killing. Please do not let your dogs run free unless you accompany them and they are responsive to commands. 
 


Saturday, October 7, 2017

The Movie by the Pont Is Back On!

The Movie by the Pond event is back after being rained out.  We are pleased to present Young Sherlock Holmes.  This is a lot of fun for kids and adults.  Popcorn will be provided, but please feel free to bring your own snacks and beverages.  Please look forward to it!

Where: Mont Del Pond
What: Movie “Young Sherlock Homes.”
When: 8:00pm (or when it's dark), October 14, 2017

Emergency Access Bridge

Dear neighbors, here are the presentations the city put out regarding the emergency access bridge.

On October 2nd, The City Counsel Discussed:

  1. Expressed their support and intent to pursue a 1-lane, 15-foot wide, gated emergency access bridge.  Simply stated, the physical design of the emergency access bridge would preclude public use.
  2. Asked staff to develop and distribute an informational piece regarding emergency response times and the emergency access bridge project for distribution to the public.
  3. Supported entering into an agreement with Fort Worth and TXDOT to "lock down" emergency access only.  The parameters of the agreement:  Benbrook and Fort Worth would jointly meet with TXDOT to request that TXDOT grant an easement (or other instrument) for an emergency access bridge to Fort Worth.  Fort Worth then would grant a license for Benbrook’s use of Fort Worth’s easement (or other instrument) to construct and operate a single lane emergency access bridge.  Again, this is an additional layer to lock this down but the physical design of the emergency access bridge would preclude public use. 
  4. Determine a date/time to meet with the Mont Del HOA.
     

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4VOctq1O5qhNXJNZnlubDlpSkE/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4VOctq1O5qhTDNicTBBdEFRUE0


As soon as I have some more time, I will update the neighborhood web map with the designs outlined in these presentations.


Thursday, September 28, 2017

Mont Del HOA Officer Meeting September 25, 2017

Below are the proposed minutes from the last HOA officer Meeting


Mont Del HOA Meeting
Proposed Minutes
Tuesday, September 25, 2017


  1. Call to order
    1. Alice Miller called to order the regular meeting of the HOA at 7:10pm on September 10, 2017 at the Benbrook Senior Center
  2. Previous Meeting Approvals
    1. The previous meeting’s minutes were approved
    2. The treasurer’s report was approved
  3. Welcome Wagon/New Neighbors
    1. Still need volunteers
    2. Can be set up as a committee to share the responsibility
  4. Entrance Sign
    1. Crystal Estrada volunteered to maintain the sign
  5. Directory Database
    1. Alan McDaniel will take over maintenance
    2. Please email any contact updates to alanmcdad@gmail.com
  6. Oak Wilt
    1. The city will not treat 3 of the 11 oak trees.  Cheyne Hadley will work with the HOA to determine who owns the trees and whose financial responsibility they are
  7. Website
    1. Cheyne Hadley will continue to maintain the website
    2. Area Directors were encouraged to provide content
    3. Decided to start using the facebook page again and make the group private
  8. Dues
    1. HOA will continue to explore the best electronic payment method
    2. Venmo was discussed
  9. Red Bows
    1. Need a count of how many to make by November 17
    2. Bow making party set for Novermber 28 at 7:00pm
    3. Bow clean up will take place between January 02 and January 06
  10. Cookie Exchange
    1. Chad and Crystal volunteered to provide tables
    2. December 02, 2:00pm to 4:00pm
  11. Yard of the Month
    1. David Corley volunteered to restart the program and judge potential lawns
    2. Funds were approved for David Corley to obtain a metal “Yard of the Month” sign
  12. Possible Future events
    1. Movie by the pond
      1. Alice Miller will talk to Wes Myers to obtain the equipment needed
      2. A date will be determined at a later time
    2. Breakfast with Santa
      1. Funds were approved to cover the costs of the event
    3. Potluck
      1. Set for Spring
      2. Will look into alternate locations
    4. Wine/Beer Tasting
      1. Will look into Lone Star Taps and Caps
    5. Hospitality Class at Hurley House
      1. No determination was made
    6. Neighborhood Walks
      1. A date for a Christmas lights walk will be set at a later time
    7. Yoga by the Pond
      1. Will ask Barbara Eason and Amy Luskey
    8. Name Tags of Officers
      1. David Corley will obtain a quote
  13. Old Business
    1. None
  14. New Business
    1. A talk is planned to discuss the challenges and opposition to creating a mandatory HOA
    2. Don Shipe suggested creating a Clearfork Bridge communication and information hub
    3. David Corley suggested setting up a town forum to discuss the Clearfork Bridge
    4. Heated bridge debate ensued and endured until Alice Miller adjourned the meeting
  15. Adjourn
    1. Alice Miller adjourned the meeting at 8:40pm

Monday, September 25, 2017

New Officer and Area Director Positions

The officer and area director positions have been updated and can be viewed by clicking the the HOA tab or clicking here.