Sunday, June 17, 2018

Mont Del HOA Board Meeting June 2018 Proposed Minutes

Mont Del HOA Board Meeting
Proposed Minutes
Tuesday, June 07, 2018


  1. Call to order at 7:03 pm
    1. Alice Miller called to order the regular meeting of the HOA at 7:03 pm on Tuesday, June 07, 2018 at Alice Miller’s house
  2. Prior minutes
    1. Approved
  3. Treasurer's report
    1. Approved
  4. Welcome wagon
    1. 4 new neighbors welcomed
    2. Chad thanked for welcoming new neighbors
  5. Entrance area
    1. Thanks to everyone who came out to help clean up
    2. Estradas lost a tree to oak wilt
    3. Need a gardener for the front entrance
      1. Prefer eco-safe weed killer
  6. Directory database
    1. Will ask Fares again
    2. Make sure to send up-to-date information to Alice Miller
  7. Yoga by the pond
    1. Successful
    2. Will seek to do it again
  8. Bridge
    1. Interlocal agreement signed between Benbrook and Fort Worth as submitted
    2. Freese and Nichols may take up to a year for plans
  9. Dues
    1. New paypal account and card reader
    2. montdelestateshoa@gmail.com
    3. Cheyne Hadley will seek to set up a paypal link on the website
    4. HOW will begin Sending a dues invoice through email as discussed
    5. Cheyne Hadley create a post on the website to remind people to pay their dues
  10. Ducks and pond
    1. There has been another fatality
    2. No new ducks will be moved to the pond (3 remaining)
  11. Water tower
    1. The BWA (Benbrook Water Authority) is separate from the city council
    2. BWA is comprised of elected officials
    3. The HOA is aware that people are unhappy with the “BWA” text on our water tower
  12. Cookie exchange
    1. Planned for December 1, 2018 2:00-4:00 pm
    2. Alice Miller need tables
  13. Yard of the month
    1. June: Hawkins house at 9 Thornhill
    2. Cheyne Hadley will share via the website post
  14. Possible future events
    1. Movie by the pond
      1. TBD at a later date
    2. Trunk-or-treat/fall festival and movie by the pond
      1. October 27, 2018
    3. Potluck
      1. First choice 22 September
      2. Second choice 8 September
    4. Neighborhood walks
      1. Anyone can post to the facebook group to start a neighborhood walk at anytime
    5. Old business
      1. No old business
    6. New business
      1. Will test paypal dues turnout. If the turnout is low the HOA will bring up a motion to raise dues
      2. Don Shipe will no longer be able to put put flags
        1. Alice Miller will seek permission from the city to put up a flag pole or plaque in the duck pond
        2. David Corley will get an estimate for a flag pole and a plaque
  15. Annual neighborhood meeting
    1. September 18, 2018
    2. Benbrook senior center
  16. Meeting adjourned
    1. Alice Miller adjourned the meeting at 8:26 pm